Monday, October 6, 2008

3 Saturdays


Cool weekend this weekend. The kids had thurs and fri off, Bret had fri off. I lved the time w/ each other. Conference wkend is always awesome, i lve it so much. Can you believe we are building a temple in Rome!!! Now that is cool. My favorite story was the one about the catcus one of the apostles just bearly brushed up against while golfing. He said the needles really just shot out at him, he just bearly touched it too. He likened this to how we sometimes react to people in our lives, we should not be like the cactus and attack others. I know I have done that, I am guilty, that was a good lesson.

Last night we went w/ a friend of Austins and her family to the LDS visitors center here in town. There is a beautiful Christis there and we showed them the movie "the Testament." We all cried. The sister missionaries were there and are teaching them. Kellie the 15 yr old is really leading the way for her family.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I loved that story, too. Such great talks....like always! Great missionary moments!

Leslie said...

Shelly, remember when I told you that you and my new friend Tami had a lot of commonalities regarding your passion for the gospel? Look at her Blog, she has a fabulous idea for making conference weekend very special for her children. I would do it if I still had any!