Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Crosswalk buttons, sign shakers and NO MORE BUSY DAYS!!!!

Bret has become quite driven in the Idaho Potato market, he watches the weather, helps me plot the spot to sell from and now this......We cleaned out Mr. Farmer's garage full of potatoes, taking the last 50 bag to sell, I felt like the Grinch stealing Christmas as I even swapped the bag he had set aside for his family, to exchange it for a bag that was ripped. I figured he didn't need that beautiful unripped bag of spuds sitting there in his garage when I could SELL IT!!! Everyone was once again involved in this weekends sales event, our goal not nearly as exciting tho, as we only had about 30 left by Sat to sell. At one point and this will make you laugh.....Bret, Aust, Hunt, and Dakota were minding their post in front of Lowes. Bret told the boys once these last 7 bags were sold they could go home. Aust and Hunt grabbed 2 of his signs and start shaking them at the road, 2 cars pull in, next Bret tells sweet little innocent Dakota to run down the street and push the "walk" button on the stop light, then run back to the next one and press it too!!!! Bret had traffic backed up for 3 intersections!!! Ko loves his dad so much he will do anything he says and he kept up the button pushing until Bret asked him to stop!!! They sold 7 bags in 30 minutes!!! SO FUNNY! They packed up and were done, Aust and Hunt zipped over to me and grabbed my signs to shake them! We sold my last 5 bags in 30 minutes too! Jes was by far the happiest among us to see the last of the bags go, as she has spent to most time in the truck waiting for them to sell. I taught her to play checkers and she is getting pretty darn good, lots of practice. I hated to tell her today that I ordered 4 more pallets full of spuds.............$$$$$ i like it.

No comments: