Monday, November 10, 2008

Potatoes in the News..............

Excellence news on the potato front! We raise the bar this weekend, with a goal of selling 50 bags on Sat. Ya that is double our goal for last weekend, I love to set high goals,ones that scare you a bit!! We told the kids that if we met our goal we would go to dinner, something we NEVER do!! They were so excited. We divided to conquer our goal this weekend, Bret went to the Lowes parking lot and me, Brooke and Jess to the regular Toy R Us location! Bret wore his Austrialian hat and out sold me!!! He swears it was the hat. For about an hour and a half we planned to be gone and let the kids sell as Bret coaches Dakota's bball team and I wanted to watch him play. Aust took over the Lowes location , Brooke and Hunt the other. All was well until we recieved a call at the game from the POLICE!!!!! Talk about a heart stopper, no fun here. I left the game in a huge rush! Just down from were I had been selling was 3 different sets of puppies for sale, in front of Petsmart! Petsmart got annoyed and asked us all to leave. I felt so bad for Hunt and Brooke as the Police officer asked them if they had their liscense and asked them to pack up! When i arrived they were all packed up and waiting in the truck, I pulled in and saw the police a little ways away and decided to go talk to them first. They told me the dogs were actually the problem and there was another guy selling down at Lowes and wasn't having any trouble!!! Infact the police were wanting to buy some potatoes from him but didn't have any $$ w/ them!!! I ended up asking where they thought I should move to and they gave me some ideas!! Funny huh!!! We moved 2 more times only to be asked to leave each place!!! It was about 4pm and we only had about 10 bags to go, I debated on giving up on our goal and calling it quits but then why? I thought I should teach my kids that it's not always easy to reach our goals and adversity always comes to try and stop us from reaching them. We decided to join up with that cute man in the hat selling down at Lowes instead. By the time it was time for me to head to work and still have time for going out to dinner we had sold.......................47 BAGS!!!!!! Oh my!!!!!! We were so excited. That beats last sat by 14 bags! We made enough to pay off the rest of one bill we were working on and put $100 in the Christmas fund & dinner was delicious! Bret has next weekend all planned out, he has Friday off and is planning on a 2 day event! We have already checked the weather and we are gearing up for some Christmas savings.......sorry that was a loooonnnggg blog:)

8 comments:

Leslie said...

THat was a fun story to read! Where'd you eat?

Deborama said...

I LOVE your school pics of your kids! Soooo cute! Your Christmas pictures are so fun, I have tried to do the silly messed up one but it was harder to plan that than I thought! :) I will have to try again this year! :) Yeah on making money and paying bills! Debt stinks!

Leslie said...

Good job Mr. and Mrs. Potatoe Head!
Love ya.

Leslie said...

Shelly! What a hoot! Being a girl from Idaho Falls...I TOTALLY get where you are at (and also being related to so many potato farmers/processors)Hey!Someone from Royal saw my blog and went wandering through other blogs and emailed to find out if it was really you! Funny, huh? Small world! Leslie "I"

ShaRee said...

So I want to know Bret's plans for next weekend..Must be good!

The TAUFA'S said...

The School pictures turned out great! Good girl on teaching them to meet their goals. Good thing it was a positive experience with the police.

Shelly Yorgesen said...

Les I who was it that emailed you and what is your blog address?

Shelly Yorgesen said...

Les E we went to Chuck A Rama:) It is a totally cute place, I actually got a ton of my paint ideas from there. :)